Wednesday 23 October 2013

New World Snooker Live Scores Photos: A who's who guide

With quite a lot of new pictures on the World Snooker Live Scores website of the players, and the majority of players having a new one done, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to poke a bit of fun in the players directions, based on the new images. I just hope that none of the players take offence!

Misery Guts: Anyone would have thought that this was done as a session for new passport photos with many players failing to crack a smile. However, Ronnie O'Sullivan and Daniel Wells have been just about been beaten for this one by Craig Steadman who certainly looks angry about something.

"Hello Ladies": This one can be none other than newly crowned World Seniors Champion Steve Davis. It must be very difficult for the older ladies to say no to him looking like that.

Best Beard: Stephen Maguire usually comes across as the main contender for this one, but on this occasion it's difficult to look further than Anthony McGill for his lovely ginger beard.

Lovely Smile: There are many contenders for this one with Neil Robertson, Matthew Stevens, Scott Donaldson and Rod Lawler all falling short as Ryan Day scoops the Gold.

The Sinister "I'll murder you love" look: Ian Burns and Alexander Ursenbache both look pretty fishy if you ask me, but I certainly wouldn't want to come across Kurt Maflin in the street if he was staring at me like that.

Nice Hair: Amidst all of the comb overs, and spikes, Li Hang has managed to take it a step too far
and does appear to have spilt some kind of Orange dye in it. I don't think he's noticed yet though, so probably best not to point it out to him...

The "I'm trying my best not to laugh" face: A few contenders for this one, including former champion Gerard Greene and quite possibly Matthew Stevens, but for me Michael Holt looks like he's trying ridiculously hard to hold back the giggles.

Closest lookalike to myself: There's only 1 candidate really, a few people have a similar hair style to mine, but really only Shaun Murphy comes close to looking like me. (That's a compliment Shaun!)

Most Cheeky look: Vinnie Calabrese and Chris Wakelin look relatively cheeky, however you won't find a cheekier look in this lifetime than the one on the face of Alex Davies.

Best Photo: Dominic Dale is simply being Dominic Dale in his photo, giving it a cheeky smile, and looking like he is enjoying every second of this particular, and despite facing stiff competition from Rod Lawler who has pulled out his impression of Wallace from "Wallace and Gromit" and Graeme Dott's "Why are you making me do this?" expression, Dominic Dale has one the day this time.


If you don't think I've made the right calls, then take a look at the pictures on the World Snooker Live, make your own minds up and let me know.

The serious stuff will continue later this week as I get ready to preview the International Championship, which starts on Sunday. Really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment