Sunday 23 February 2014

One year of Cue Action Blog

Today, Sunday 23rd February 2014, marks a year to the day that I started writing Cue Action Snooker blog, and I have to say I've been surprised with how well I feel things have gone in the last 365 days of running a snooker blog. To be honest, when I started the blog I didn't think it would last any longer than a couple of months, simply because of my terrible ability of starting projects off, but not seeing them through. However, the more I got into it, the more I started to enjoy it, and the more features I thought of for it. I think things have massively been helped by the fact that I started up a Twitter account to promote the blog, and there's a really good fun environment on there amongst the true snooker fans from all parts of the world, and I liked to thank all of my followers on there for supporting my blog.


So what have I done in the first year of the blog? Well, I've done a few interviews and blog pieces with Shaun Murphy and another good interview with David Morris, so I'd like to thank both Shaun and David for agreeing to take part in those. In fact, it was quite ironic that only 2 days ago my the 2 of them played each other in the Last 128 of the Welsh Open, in what became known as the "Father of the blog" match. Shaun took the spoils in that one 4-0, showing his class with a brilliant 142 break to complete victory. That's another thing I've enjoyed, my summaries of goings on at tournaments, and something I aim to do more of in the next year, because I don't really feel I've done another reviewing, and haven't always had time to. My favourite thing (other than the interviews) is the special features which I've done in the first year. The first special feature which I came up with was a Twitter debate panel, to debate on a weekly basis the hot topics in the game. With fans, fellow bloggers, players, referees, coaches and World Snooker Chairman himself - Barry Hearn getting involved, it was a really enjoyable and fun experience, but also very interesting to find out everyone's varying opinions on a range of subjects within Snooker, and I'd love to start that up again at some point in the coming months. While I'm on the subject, I'd also like to thank everyone that was involved in those debates last year for showing an interest and sharing your views on all things snooker.


Another great feature that I really enjoyed doing, was re-living the best snooker from 2013, with my "Classic matches of 2013 countdown" feature. It was really good fun to watch those games back again, and feeling all the same tension that I did the first time - even though I knew exactly what was going to happen. I'd like to thank Shaun Murphy (again) for sharing a few thoughts on the 4 matches that he was involved in as part of the countdown, and telling me how he felt as the matches played out.


What are my plans for the next year of blogging? Well, I'd love to get some more top players to agree to do interviews for the blog, and to get even more people involved with and re-start the Twitter debate panel. I'm also going to do even more Previews, and reviews of the action from events, big or small. Another feature I will be starting is a Player of the Month profile, taking an in-depth look at the performances of the best player in each month of the year, before deciding on a Player of the year at the end of it all. Other features I've got planned are: A "guest bloggers" feature getting true snooker fans to write a piece on a topic close to their hearts, the Classic Matches countdown for 2014, some more comedy features and some more pieces taking an in-depth look at certain aspects of the game I love.




Finally, I'd just liked to say thanks once again to everyone that has supported the blog and been involved in any features for the blog in the last year, it's been great fun. Now here's to another year of fantastic snooker, and even more snooker blogging.


Thanks all,
Michael Annison
Author of Cue Action Snooker Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment