Tuesday 23 February 2016

Well... It's been 3 years

Three years have now passed since I sat down one afternoon and started thinking of new things to do with my time, before the idea of writing my own snooker blog ran through a comfortable winner.

For me to have stuck at this for three years is quite something by my standards, as I usually give things a few weeks before getting bored. My attention span isn't great as you asked. Anyway what was I saying...

Oh yes. This is the opportunity I like to take each year to thank you guys - my readers. I'm lucky to be in the position where each year that that is written, there are more and more of you that see it. It's been another crazy year of snooker, and one where poor old Shaun Murphy must now have realised that i'm a total jinx. After inviting me to watch him in Coventry he lost to 15 year old Yan Bingtao, while he was also not to survive my three day stint at the recent Welsh Open with his name still in the draw. I doubt he wants to see me in the front row at the Crucible, so let's hope the schedule works out for him to play as far away from the first weekend as possible.

It was nice to venture into the Players Lounge in Wales and briefly meet another friend of the blog Michael Holt who is a fantastic character and pulled out a gem of a story about where he ranks in terms of looks with the rest of the snooker tour, according to his missus.

We also saw the introduction of the live blog in Wales which got a lot of views over the course of the three days where I was at the event, and that is something I would like to do more of at events but it is not often that I get the opportunity to attend for an extended period.

The "Stat Attack" is another new addition from the last year and something that will continue on for a long time to come, while another highlight of the year was talking to Stuart Bingham about his World Championship win for my classic matches feature.

What's in line for the next year? Well myself and my brother were talking about new ideas a few weeks ago and were thinking that as well as doing written previews for events, that I could join it with an audio preview or "podcast" if you like. That's very much a work in progress. I also want to upgrade the appearance of the blog and perhaps upgrade from a "BlogSpot domain" to owning my domain in full. If anyone could help with this or offer some advice, please get in touch. And to the relief of many upgrading the image will indeed mean that more pictures appear on the blog!!!

I'm always open to suggestions on what else could be done to keep the blog moving in the right direction so feel free to comment below, Tweet or privately message me on Twitter if you have any thoughts on what you think could be improved, or any new ideas you would like to see.

Additionally, i'm all about getting new voices on the blog, so if you would like to get involved by starting a guest column get in touch (although make sure you have a good idea of what you want to write and what angle to approach things from).

Social media has become a big part of the game and as I follow most of the players on twitter, a weekly look at what has been happening in our little "online snooker bubble" could become a fixture of the blog, as it will offer player insight and a dosage of laughter all rolled into one.


Thank you all once again for continuing to stick with me here at Cue Action Blog. Here's to plenty more posts and years of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment